Why Use A Realtor When Buying A Home or Property
Don’t be misled into thinking that the purchase of a home or property is a simple process and that you really don’t need to work with a real estate professional. Just as you do in your job or profession, most professional realtorswork full-time in the business of real estate and have constant day-in/day-out experience, 365 days a year and so they know what to expect and also to expect the unexpected. To be a licensed REALTOR®they have also been through extensive training on how to navigate through the often complex process you are about to commence.
Did you know that the real estate salesperson that has listed the home for sale has a legal responsibility to the seller of the property?
Did you also know that a REALTOR® who acts on behalf of a buyer also has a legal responsibility? That responsibility of honesty, integrity and confidentiality is with YOU the buyer.
How about the payment of commission? Did you know that the seller typically pays the total commissionpaid and that you the buyer do not? Make sure you ask because there are some real estate salespeople who do charge the buyer.
So Why A REALTOR®?
- Purchasing a home or property is a complicated process and transaction
- Your REALTOR® must protect your interests in all discussions. They will provide YOU with the confidence that you will not only find but purchase the perfect property at the best possible price
- Locating the right home at the right price can be stressful and time consuming
- As a full-time professional your REALTOR® knows what to expect and also what is currently happening in the marketplace
- REALTOR®’s provide objectivity and remove the subjectivity – this is valuable when you come across a property that has certain features that may not be the best investment for you or may mean that you don’t get something else you need or will want in the future
- You will get full access to MLS data including property history, sales history and other sold, expired and active listings